Ecclesiastical Stained Glass
A Victorian stained glass panel by Clayton & Bell from Christ Church, Scarborough, circa 1874. The panel, 143x69cms. formed part of an iconographical scheme, the Female Ancestry of Christ.
We were asked by an auction house to research and identify forty-one panels which came to light in the store room of a sister church some thirty years after Christ Church was demolished.
The collection was successfully sold by tender on behalf of the Diocese.